Attention!!!! All Pre-approved Info Barrel Members

NOW POST YOUR OWN ARTICLES, HERE ON "THE BLOCK"
If you would like to post your content on this site, please email me here, dreamaker1969@yahoo.com I will invite you to post directly.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Revamping my Heritage Bathroom

My wife and I always have one project or another going on around the house. Our latest is a new suite for our heritage bathroom. We are one of those couples that like to keep up with the Joneses. We often have dinner parties and love the fact that people love our home. The more impressive the fixtures, fittings, accessories and décor the more confident we are to bring people into the home.

Our "Old" Bathroom Suite

Our heritage bathroom was put in a few years ago. The suite itself is not that old, or run down, we just feel it is time for a change. Isn’t it funny how we stretch and live to our means? Last year we had new sofas, a conservatory added, and bought a new car. Not all of it was on finance, but it’s fair to say most of it was. I’m still undecided as to whether the credit trap is a good or bad thing. At the end of the day my wife and I have a lovely home and a fantastic standard of living. But then 25% of what we earn every month goes on products we already own.

The truth is our bathroom suite is going to be on finance. We have a good credit rating and interest rates are frankly astonishing. In a year we will be paid off and ready, next household project.

Bathroom Options

We are currently investigating the options for our suite. I remember in my university days moving into a new student house. The bathroom was terrible. Cheap flimsy toilet seat, a sink with dripping taps and a an old ceramic bath. When I look at my current bathroom suite it is 100 times nicer than the old University bathroom. It’s funny how our expectations change as we get older and more affluent. I know I certainly couldn’t go back and live in the old student house.

When looking round for my bathroom suite I’ve been amazed at the amount of options. The online environment has exploded over the last few years, as have the number of retail outlets selling the different ranges. Prices have got better and better. Delivery is easier than ever. Installation is sometimes free. It seems all I needed to do is make my choice, or my wife make the choice as the case may be, and then let the professionals get on with it.

Your Thoughts?

Difficult part right now is making a choice. I’d love to hear from people out there that have recently had a new bathroom suite put in. What should I be looking for? What should I avoid? And what are the main considerations I should be making? Thanks for any guidance and support you can give me on this. I know others reading this will appreciate it too.




Bio: Phil Turner recently revamped his two bathrooms using the AQVA Bathrooms site as inspiration. 

No comments:

Official PayPal Seal